At Home-Start Uttlesford, we aim to operate an open referral policy ensuring that support is available to any family who is experiencing difficulty and stress, and who has at least one child under the age of five. Sometimes funding restrictions do not always make this possible and as a consequence the availability of our service can change from year to year. For information about current available services please contact our office on 01799 520728.
Home-Start accepts referrals from:
- Health visitors and Midwives
- Professionals in social care and child care
- Professionals in mental health, education, early years and probation
- Families themselves*
* Please use the ‘Contact Us’ form and we will get in touch.
- Contact the office in the first instance, or use the FRONTLINE service. If we have the capacity to accept an expression of interest, a form is available, which will be sent to you. This will need to be completed to initiate the process
- Discuss Home-Start with the family – they must agree to receive support
- Establish the family has at least one child under five – this is key to Home-Start support. Please note: we also currently support 10 families with children from 5-11 years under the Family Innovation Fund from Essex County Council.
Our referral process:
- Set up an initial visit with the family to discuss their needs
- Carefully match the skills and experiences of a volunteer to the needs of the family
- Introduce the volunteer to the family
- Let you know when Home-Start support starts and ends
- Keep you informed about progress
- Monitor and assess their support
- Work alongside other professionals
Next: Self Referrals